About

Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ophelia's Apothecary


Many months ago I ordered a voucher for Ophelia's Apothecary from the now defunct Heartsy.  This was my second voucher order.  Unfortunate timing resulted in a months long backlog for OA.  They moved in the middle of the offers.  I finally received my order, which included a couple of items from a flash sale and a pro bono jar of Morrocan Red Clay & Clove facial mask.  I mentioned how much I liked it, and she threw it in to make up for the months long delay.


I received:  1 jar of facial mask, 2 Pink Sugar Buttercream Lip Tints, Lemon Cheesecake Lip Balm, Cappuccino Lip Balm, 1 jar of eye shadow in Fools Rush In, 1 jar of eye shadow primer, 2 bags of hand blended body powder.  One in Sandalwood Vanilla, the other in Cashmere Woods.  20 sample vials of perfume oil.

The lip balms are soft and creamy.  I don't find them overly remarkable, but well worth the price if you find a scent that you can't live without.  I love the scent of the lemon cheesecake.  Non tinted balms $4.00, tinted $8.00.

I really like the eye shadow primer.  She lists the ingredients as: shea butter, candelilla wax, olive oil, vit e, and green tea.  It's very much along the lines of a balm. Seems to give me very good staying power and is .  rather reasonable at $6.75 for a 5ml jar with a cool seal on the top.

 From the shop:
"....this mask is not for the timid! i've taken our fabulously light hemp moisturizer and blended it with deep red moraccan clay, clove oil, and rosemary...and the end result is a very refreshing, deeply detoxifying treatment for your face. this clay is know for its ability to deeply cleanse pores and for detoxification...."  1.5 ounces for $12.00.  I feel that it's pretty pricey, but meets my craving for the smell of cloves.  She offers a trio of facial masks for $25.00.  I find this to be pretty reasonable.  The trio includes: Morrocan Red Clay, French Green Clay (cucumber/minty) and Mineral Rich Dead Sea Clay (lavender and mint).







0 comments:

Post a Comment