About

Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Review: Face It Cosmetics




In June Heartsy, offered a deal for Face It Cosmetics, the deal was $12.00 for $40.00 worth of product for VIP. I had seen them briefly before and my first impression was that of a new company with little experience.

Mundane Details:
I received a padded mailer with the samples and jars placed inside.  No invoice, business card or personal note.
I dove in, ordered 3 five gr jars /with sifters $17.00 regularly 6.50 each.
I ended up ordering  12 samples, baggies with what I am guessing is 1/8 tsp of product. for $1.50 each
Shipping within the US: $1.75 for first item, .75 each addl.  International $5.00 for first item, $1.50 each additional.
It appears that she is starting to have people rep her items for a commission.  Although this is not a new idea, it would be much more exciting if the products were good.

I swatched the full size jars first.  Disappointed is an understatement.  None of the three resembled the advertised swatches.  Sparrow was clearly the worst, Mayan Gold the best of the three.




 I went about swatching the remaining samples.  I had a difficult time with almost every shade.  With the exception of Fig and Woods - adherence to bare skin was a lesson in futility.  Primer swatches didn't fair much better.  I kept getting a lot of a grayish/bone white with some colors occasionally mixing in. The one swatch that I liked both as a bare skin item and with primer is Silk.










I've convoed her to see about getting  a full size of the Silk.  I think I can make use of the Mayan Gold, but French Pale Gold and Sparrow will be relegated to the giveaway pile if she doesn't want them back.


Final Tally:  2Customer Service/Communication:  4
She was quick with the order process conversing, haven't received any response to my request for reparation.
Packaging: 4
Ingredients are listed on all containers, easy to read/  Interestingly, the label is on top of the lid, as opposed to the bottom.  I thought this was annoying.
Product: 1
Barely pigmented shadows which appear to be mixed with base and that's about it.  Had absolutely no staying power on bare skin. Primer and Epoxy should be optional, not a requirement.. Many of the colors bore no resemblance to the colors listed on her Etsy website.
Pricing: 2
Product is priced well above most indie mineral companies offering a 5g container. 25% higher than almost everyone. Shipping is also much higher than most. Base + .75 per eyeshadow is excessive. 
Presentation: 2
Bubble wrap envelope, loose shadows and samples in a about a 5x7 mailer. No business card, invoice, personal note.

Would I buy again:  Absolutely not.

The teeny tiny fine print:  All opinions are my own, no matter how ridiculous.  I did not beg , borrow or steal the products that I reviewed.  I purchased them with my own lunch money.  Honest and semi-coherent reviews are the way to make a distinction between great companies and those who repackage mica, stir in a little base, slap an organic tag on their products  and call themselves artisans.  Honesty is my policy, even if I hurt a few feelings along the way.



0 comments:

Post a Comment