About

Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Review: LaCoquette Cosmetics


About a month ago I was wandering around Etsy looking for new mineral companies and found LaCoquette Cosmetics.  The store only had a few products, but the color charts looked pretty nice.  She was running a limited Grand Opening special on samples.  I received the samples pretty quickly along with a list of each eye shadow and the ingredients.

Mundane Details:
Shadows are in 5gr containers for $3.50 each.  Sifters are optional. Samples 3/$1.00, 15/$5.00, 30/$10.00
Shipping seems to start at $1.75 for US and $2.50 everywhere else.
She has lip gloss at $4.50 for an 11ml squeeze tube.

I found the majority of the shadows to be very well pigmented and easily applied.  Calypso, Freudian Slit and Lorelei need to have a primer in order to see the beautiful shades. All can be worn by foiling with water, using primer or epoxy. Overall I was very pleased with the shadows, and found several that I will be ordering.

Final Tally: 23.5 out of 25
Customer Service/Communication:  5
Excellent communication.  I received the samples very quickly.  She followed up about 3 weeks after to ask me how I liked her products.  She thanked me for the purchase, offered a discount and invited me to leave feedback. (That's huge for new stores.)  I sent her a few questions, she was very friendly and timely in her responses.

Packaging: 4
Her containers do not have the ingredients listed, but will in the near future.  She does send you a list and also indicates in her store the ingredients and which shadows are not vegan.
Product: 4.5
Long lasting pigmented shadows.  Pass the bare skin test. I tested 32 shades and felt that 3 really needed primer or better.
Pricing: 5
Product pricing is great, a super price for starting out and trying the product. Shipping price is about average.
 Presentation: 5
I'm going to leave presentation at a five for this reason, she's brand new and I received a ton of samples - not a true order in pots.  I'm hoping that we will find a personal message with the orders, a free sample etc.  I know I received a personal message with the samples.




Would I buy again:  Yes, I was delighted at how nice the colors were.

The teeny tiny fine print:  All opinions are my own, no matter how ridiculous.  I did not beg , borrow or steal the products that I reviewed.  I purchased them with my own lunch money.  Honest and semi-coherent reviews are the way to make a distinction between great companies and those who repackage mica, stir in a little base, slap an organic tag on their products  and call themselves artisans.  Honesty is my policy, even if I hurt a few feelings along the way.

She has added at least three new shadows since I received my samples.  She was kind enough to send me a nice photo of the new shades - and I'll be receiving the samples in order to swatch.

On to the swatching:


                                               







                               
                                 

                                 


 Colors that are released but not on the color chart:





0 comments:

Post a Comment