About

Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Review: Concrete Minerals

Concrete Minerals is an indie makeup company from Riverside, California.  The owner Emily, is one of my very favorite individuals. CM is one of the first mineral companies I ordered from - and my relationship with them is still going strong.  They have both an Etsy presence (winding down) as well as, a recently launched website.  Side note:  The Etsy site is going to go away by the end of August, you can get a slight price break on existing shadows.  The newest release shadows are not available via Etsy.

Mundane Details:
Eyes shadows are $7.00 for more than 1.5gr of product in a 10g jar with sifter.
Shipping is a very reasonable flat rate of $2.99 on all US orders.  International starts at $4.00.
Electric Eye Primer is $11.00 for .35 ounces in a metal container.

All shadows are very pigmented, creamy and adhere to bare skin.  She has one of the best presentations upon delivery.  Wrapped in a fuchsia tissue paper are your shadows in a small bag, a great instruction card, coupon with a discount code for future purchases, sometimes a deluxe sample and a hand written note on your invoice.

I use the eye primer, daily.  It's by far my favorite.  I've tested several primers including TFSI, UDPP and Bare Minerals eye primer. It has a great consistency, is satiny on your lids, works very well with oily lids (raises hand) and keeps your shadow for hours and hours.  It's a bargain at $11.00 and seems to last for a very long time.

The shades in CM's collection are varied and complex.  From a light pink like Prude all the way to a very dark, black based Sabotage - there are shades to satisfy from office appropriate to vibrant, colorful shades to suit even the most bold among us. No one gets slighted here.

Final Tally: 5

Customer Service/Communication:  5
Packaging: 5
Ingredients are listed on all containers, easy to read.
Product: 5
Long lasting pigmented shadows.  Pass the bare skin test.
Pricing: 5
Product pricing is great considering what you receive, shipping price is above average.
Presentation: 5
Themed presentation, helpful instruction card, personal message.

One wishful thought:  The black based shadows need to be marked as such.  The technique for application is different to achieve the desired look.  If you don't adhere to certain application techniques you can blend them down to the black base.  (Not pretty - and not uncommon with all black based mineral shadows.)



Would I buy again:  Yes, I have at least a dozen shades and am looking to add more.


The teeny tiny fine print:  All opinions are my own, no matter how ridiculous.  I did not beg , borrow or steal the products that I reviewed.  I purchased them with my own lunch money.  Honest and semi-coherent reviews are the way to make a distinction between great companies and those repackage mica and call themselves artisans.  Honesty is my policy, even if I hurt a few feelings along the way.





Now stand back for the massive swatch lists.  I swatched colors on bare skin and foiled with water alone.  You can see that the rich pigmentation is evident.


0 comments:

Post a Comment