About

Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Moi Minerals - Swatches!

I won the most amazing color, Obsessed from Moi Minerals.  I decided to buy five samples, and was given a complimentary sample as well.  The first are swatches over Pixie Epoxy.  These are three very beautiful liner type shadows.  All black based, swatching over the epoxy enables you to see the difference between the three shades.  Poison Ivy and Galaxy really stand out for me.


These were swatched with water.  Admittedly, I had a difficult time with Cactus and Spring.  I'm not sure if it was operator error, or the composition of the shadows.  Cactus really is unique - it looks like gold but when swatched it looks very much like a very pale cactus (celery).  The green shift is apparent, a real chameleon.  Mercy doesn't even come close to showing it's beauty with water swatches, further below is a sample over epoxy.


Zombie Bride definitely has a greenish shift in it.  I didn't find Groom to be as interesting, but they are definitely complimentary.  Obsessed is just fabulous on several levels.  It is that gorgeous magenta color that I loved so much as a kid.  Like Mercy, it needs to be used with epoxy to show the true character.


Moi's description of Mercy: "Its a deep Purple with Blue Lights When Applied and then color shifts to a Rose/Copper.. But once applied Foiled (WET)is where the Magic Begins...This Color turns into a ''Metallic Copper'' with hints of Blue shimmer a slight Purple undertone, The picture doesn't show the blue well but its there and its amazing!!!"  That's very accurate - and even more so with epoxy.

Her description for Obsessed isn't readily available right this minute, but I'll secure the description.  I can only describe it as a color that I am so glad that I own in a full size.  It's very beautiful.


Do you own any Moi Minerals?


0 comments:

Post a Comment